Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kristin's Working Out? Says who?!?!

Yup...you read it right. For the first time in my life, I'm actually considering joining a gym. I think it's official that I've finally hit that age where my metabolism has slowed quite dramatically, or maybe I'm just eating too many cheese fries and greasy pizza (*yum*).

Alas, don't be worried though, that was not my main reason for thinking about joining the gym here at Westinghouse. I'm actually desperate....desperate for something to do during my lunch break! As most of you know, I work with colleagues who like to take "working lunches" almost everyday, and eat at their desks. THIS is not ok with me.... I'm going stir-crazy sitting at my desk 8.5 hrs. everyday. I used to enjoy reading a book during my lunch break, at my last job, but here...it's different. There's nowhere I can really go to not feel like a social outcast by sitting alone on my lunchbreak....ha! So, I've been dragged down to taking a "working lunch" as well. BUT NO MORE! Not me! I need to get away for a bit!

So why not join the gym and try out a few of their classes they offer during lunchtime?! Why, that's not a bad idea. Of course, the pure thought of even being present in a gym scares the bigeesus outta me. But I need to get over that fear....especially since I can't even fit in my wedding dress from only 2 years ago! Eek! Of course, Ross had to point out that I'll be all stinky and sweaty after working out, but their locker room is very nice. Nice showers, supplied with shampoo, soap, and even towels. SO, I think I'll face that fear too and get a quick shower after working out. Unless I'm only mildly stinky...then maybe I can opt out :P

Anyways, tomorrow is my first day of my week-free trial basis. After that, I can get the rest of June for free if I sign up for 6 months...quite a commitment! So, wish me luck. Tomorrow is Spinning class.....geesh, just kill me now....

5 comments:

  1. First of all, go you!!! But considering working out, and actually working out are 2 different things my dear (I consider working out daily, and fortunately, b/c of guilt, I get up at 5:30 a.m., 4 days a week to do so). Also, start easy on the spinning, as it's harder than most people think...and if you see that people don't have their feet in the pedals, that's b/c they have special spinning shoes they clip in on the top of the pedal (instead of sliding their feet in). Anyways, hope I didn't scare you away. If my boss provided a gym, I'd definitely join, no questions asked:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you :) And impressed! You're showing more effort than I have since soccer ended lol. You'll have to keep me posted on how it works out. I wish I worked in the same building/company so we could join together - I think it'd be fun to take classes like that together.

    Miss you - and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Kristin! I know that you're taking charge of your lunchtime dilemmas. That's a problem solver!!! Even if you don't stay with the exercise idea, don't beat yourself up. You're overcoming an awkward situation!!! But who knows? Maybe you'll meet some friends this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! And yes, I know, talking & doing are 2 dif. things, so I hope I didn't just dig myself into a hole :) I'm so nervous for today, Ross already worned me that I'm gonna be sore b/c I didn't start out slow, so I'm sure that'll make camping and sleeping on the ground this weekend A LOT of fun! HA!

    Thanks for the positive feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *warned

    You see, I'm so nervous I can't even spell...

    ReplyDelete