Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Hot Dog can Swim...

So I promised on Facebook that I would supply pics of Dakota taking her first swim, and instead of posting them to the whole world, I thought I would share them on here instead :) We went camping this past weekend with the whole family and were located right beside a river. On Saturday, a few of us decided to go kayaking, hence the reason we were in the water, and Ross was anxious to see if his dog could swim (after all she is unusually long for a weiner dog) but I knew she could do it....I mean, really...her paws are huge! She's got weird webbed duck feet....

Anywho! Let's take a look....

Ross is still holding her here, getting her prepared for the water....

At this point, Ross is bent over from laughing so hard. He was still holding her, about 2" above the water, and her instincts must've kicked in, b/c her paws just started paddling in the air! Our dog was ready to go! It really was hysterical.... Her first swim complete! Of course, she swam right to me, begging to be saved....
That was fun! Let's do it again....
pssss - Did anyone notice Ross' extreme farmer's tan?!?! HA! Too bad you couldn't see his legs, those are the whitest.

Anyways, it was hysterical seeing her paddle through that water. I couldn't believe how well she did (of course, she couldn't go long distance or anything like that). But best of all...she dried in about 40 minutes. Did I mention how much I love having a short-haired dog?! Of course, I'm sure it helped when I put her on my lap and she shook it all off on me. O well...I was wet before anyhow :)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!!!! You know what this means right? The next time we go camping we'll have to pick a site that is near water so I can see this in person :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I love it! I can't wait to see it again :P Maybe at a new campground near you guys, they will have water....we'll keep in the criteria when looking in the future, haha.

    ReplyDelete