Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend blabbering

So week 2 of work is over, and I would say that it's def. getting better everyday. I'm finally learning my way around, asking a ton of ?'s and having an idea of who to go to for help, and basically feeling more comfortable w/ the job as time goes on. It's been a hectic 2 weeks, but it's only getting better. I went to happy hour after work w/ some co-workers yesterday, which was fun. I ended up staying a lot longer than I had planned, but that was ok. I needed to get to know the people I work with, so it was a perfect excuse. Their all really friendly, and I think I'll really enjoy this job in the long run.

Other than work keeping me busy, Ross & I are looking forward to camping in a few weeks w/ some of our closest friends. We're taking advantage of memorial day weekend to camp, and we're going to try out white-water rafting for the first time.... I can't wait! It's def. the one thing I can look forward to that's getting me through my 1st month of work! So that should be fun and hopefully we have nice weather. Oh...and if anyone has suggestions about what is best to wear for white-water rafting, please do tell! I'm kind of at a loss....

Besides that, no new updates. Everything is calm and back to normal at the Seibert household, now that I'm back to work and Ross is keeping busy landscaping. Of course, he's back on the job hunt after taking a break for awhile, so hopefully he hears something soon. I know he's anxious to be out of the heat all day and have his back feeling normal again!

3 comments:

  1. Glad work is going better! Where are you hitting the white water? I bet it's Ohiopyle. I've done that river A LOT (at least 5 times as a camp counselor! best job ever! 3 times with friends)

    What to wear? You will get wet! This time of year they might be renting out wet suits. They kinda smell bad, but really help! In the summer, I wear a swimsuit with quick dry shorts and shoes that will absolutely stay on (old tennis shoes are perfect. teva or chaccos with back straps are great too!). Don't plan on taking anything with you 'cause you might end up floating through a rapid (which you should try to do 'cause it's FUN!). If you want, a waterproof camera that's somehow attached to your clothing can be fun.

    HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And leave warm, dry clothes in your car. You'll want to change when you're done. It gets COLD (but it's SO much fun!) I'm jealous. I haven't been rafting in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions! I hope they rent out wet suits...not quite sure if it'll be warm enough for bathing suits yet. And that's a great suggestion about bringing a change of clothes, I didn't even think of that! Thanks guys :)

    O, and yes, we're going to Ohiopyle!

    ReplyDelete