Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Best Wife of the Year" Award

I've often liked to acknowledge that I should be awarded "Best Wife of the Year." Last year, for example, when I 'allowed' my husband to buy a motorcycle without giving him much of a fight. THAT in and of itself should've won me the award :)

This year, I so kindly planned a camping trip for my husband and all of HIS friends. You see, it started out with all of us wanting to do a camping trip again (like we did 2 years ago). In the end, any of the 'few and far between' girls in his group weren't able to commit, which would leave me alone with 5 guys...camping. So you can understand when I opted out, and insisted they have a "guys" weekend. In the end, I had done all the planning and nagging to get enough people to come, and now I don't even get to enjoy all the effort it was worth. You'd think this was just some kind of ploy to get Ross out of the house for the weekend! Not really, although now I'm wondering if this was somehow a result of my subconcious. But after being sad that I won't be able to enjoy a weekend of camping, I'm kind of looking forward to a weekend of doing nothing :) And having Ross gone for a few days will allow me to take advantage of catching up on all the chick flicks I've missed in the past year! SO...I guess it won't be such a bad weekend after all.

AND I'm *again* awarding myself "Best Wife of the Year" award :)

It's a win-win situation!

Now if only I could get him to take the dog too ...it would be completely and utterly delightful....




AH. who am I kidding?! I love that stinkin' cute weiner dog....

1 comment:

  1. You keep winning that award! I certainly have my work cut out for me down the road lol. Way to keep the bar high!!

    ReplyDelete