Monday, August 16, 2010

Twilight Fever

After having some doubts about being left home alone this weekend, and what I would do with myself, I surprisingly kept very busy and had a great weekend!

Friday night I got the chance to see 4 of my girlfriends, at an impromptu dinner at the Olive Garden :) It was a great start to my weekend! Afterwards, I decided to rent "Remember Me" with Robert Pattinson. You see, I'm a lil' obsessed with him lately, since Michelle's gotten me hooked on the whole 'Twilight' series, and since Redbox was not carrying either of the Twilight movies, I had to make due with what I could. The movie was pretty good, it was a little intense at parts, with a sad ending. But I'm a sucker for "drama" chick flicks.

Saturday I went out to lunch with another friend, did some shopping for fun (aka Target), and then stopped by my dad's birthday clam bake at his friends house to hit up some free food for dinner :) I left just after it started to pour down raining, in order to start my 'Twilight' marathon! I rented the first Twilight, which I saw a few years ago after it just came out. But back then, I didn't know what all the hype was about, and thought the movie was awful. So I decided to re-watch it now that I've read the book, and enjoyed the movie much more. I also rented New Moon, which I had yet to see. It also did not dissapoint, and worth staying up until 1:00 a.m. (yes, I know...I'm old, I have a 'strict' 10:00 pm bedtime during the week and more often than not do I still fall asleep at the same time on weekends! HA!)

Anyway, I'm halfway through Eclipse, and completely and unwillingly obsessed with this series. I don't even like "sci-fi" but I can't put the book down. I can't wait to see how the story ends! If you already know...please don't spoil it!

As for Ross, he had a great time camping with his friends. It's not often that they all get to hang out, so they made the most of it. And they even ended up with good weather. Apparently for now on he is blaming me on when it rains when we go camping. Thanks hun!

All in all...it was great to be home alone and not feel guilty about watching chick flicks all weekend! But I am happy to have my best friend home :)

1 comment:

  1. OK, Twilight isn't sci-fi. Vampires are cool, sci-fi is not! Also, I've been interested in vampires since I was like in 5th grade, and somehow sneaked "Interview with the Vampire" past mom and dad. Anyways, the books are awesome, the movies suck, but I hear Eclipse is good. Enjoy! I only wish there were more than 4 books!

    ReplyDelete