Friday, August 27, 2010

My Typical Workday

Here's a little preview of what a typical workday looks like for me:

8:30 am: Get into work
8:45 am: Read through new emails
9:00 am: Asked to schedule various meetings w/ 15+ people throughout the end of the year
9:30 am: Send out meeting requests to people for various dates
10:00 am: Realize I scheduled the first mtg. during a weeklong conference that I am indeed attending, but completely forgot about
10:14 am: Re-send meeting request
10:15: Apologize to the 8 emails I received in all of 3 seconds reminding me about the conf. and why I would schedule a mtg. for such date
10:30: Dilemna solved, everyone likes the new date
10:40: Try scheduling another meeting
10:45: Realize there's not ONE SINGLE Conference room available in this entire HUMUNGOUS building during my time slot
10:50: search for new time & date
11:00: Finally find a conf. room I can use
11:05 ADHD kicks in, and I stare at the Facilities guys removing ceiling tiles above my head, to feed a wire down to the other end of the building
11:10: still watching, la dee da
11:20: what is that white foamey stuff in the ceiling?? dust or fire-proof preventatives?? hmm...
11:30: Where did the Facilities guys go, the ceiling tiles are still outta wack
11:45: lunch lunch lunch, food food, num num num...
12:00: Go to lunch w/ Mom since she's shopping in Cranberry today :)
1:00: attempt to work while counting down the hours to my weekend!

yup, a day in the life of me is never boring. Unless it's yesterday, now THAT was a boring day...

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! Sounds like a cartoon in the funnies-section!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write the same thing as Marianne! You made me laugh!! Aren't you glad that your job is so hilarious? Now..my job? Hmmm....I'll have to write about IT some day.

    ReplyDelete