Monday, September 20, 2010

Camping Extravaganza

I had to use the title since our "Camping Extravaganza" organizer, Ang, decided to call it that on the Facebook invite :) ha. Anyway, this past weekend for camping was absolutely beautiful. No rain, just enough sunshine to warm up during the day, and enough to cool off at night in order to enjoy a nice campfire. I love this time of year! And I'm glad Ross convinced me to pass Dakota off to the in-laws this weekend b/c I don't think she would've enjoyed the cold nights as much.

As for our camping trip, we had quite a few people that were able to make it. Other than our good friends Ang & Mike, our friend Kris, and her new b/f, Josh (who we got to grill just a bit, j/k!) were able to make it, Ang's brother and his wife (first-time campers....I hope they enjoyed themselves and join us again in the future!), and a few other friends of Ang & Mike's who Ross & I got to meet for the first time that were really fun to hang out with. I think we had a total of about 12 people?! It was a great group and I look forward to camping with everyone again ...hopefully we didn't scare away any of the newbies :)

As for organizing the trip...thanks Ang!! It always ends up being more work than you think it will be, so I really appreciate all the time and effort she put into this...especially since she's back-to-school and working 10+ hour days!

Ah....time to reminisce. Hopefully we can get out one more time, but I'm not sure Ross is willing. He was already "camped out" a month ago, and I was lucky he enjoyed himself this weekend. So we'll see. I just may have to go stag :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, and camping summer! I think we'll try again next year:)

    ReplyDelete