Friday, September 17, 2010

Finance Conference

Today has been a catch-up day at work since I've been gone all week at our Global Finance Conference at Lakeview Resort in Morgantown, WV. I was reluctant about attending the conference ever since I began helping to plan it almost 3 months ago. I really didn't want to go, I was reserved about not knowing anyone, being the youngest attendee there (since most of the invited attendees were managers, controllers, etc.) and just hoped that I could manage to mingle enough to survive. All in all, the conference went really well, and I even enjoyed myself for the most part :) (I guess the free Pedicure didn't hurt!). I hope to get some good feedback from people, but me and the other 2 ladies that planned it have already been voted to be the "conference planners" again next year...so we must've done something right!

I was excited to finally meet a lot of the people that I already correspond with. It always nice to put a face to a name. And it was great to meet some of our Global Controllers from all over the world, a few from Sweden, Japan, China, Germany, Spain, etc. Too bad our dept. won't allow us to plan the Conference in Europe next year :P Now THAT would be awesome, ha.

Anyways, I got home yesterday afternoon after a nasty drive in the pouring down rain, unpacked, did my laundry, and packed again (3rd time in the past 2 weeks! *sigh*) for camping this weekend with a few friends. So far, it looks like no chance of rain all weekend, and beautiful autumn weather!! I love Fall! It's certainly the best time to go camping :) Especially when it cools down at night, and we can hover around a nice campfire, and then snuggle into a sleeping bag. Ah...I'm so excited. Even though I'm not looking forward to another long car ride, it'll still be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. It was totally worth it. I'm so glad you guys came & enjoyed yourselves :) Looking forward to doing it again soon!

    ReplyDelete