Thursday, September 9, 2010

Crazy Week

This past weekend/week at work have been absolutely crazy! I haven't even HAD time to surf the web in the past week...how DID I survive?! ha...

I've been wanting to update everyone on my weekend at VA Beach with mom and the girls, but alas, this is the first time I've been on here for quite some time. Anyways, I had a great time. Sorry, I don't have any pics to share. I've gotten so lazy when it comes to taking pictures. I was a little hesitant about going on the trip, it seemed like such a far drive for only 4 days, but in the end, it was worth it. I enjoyed just chilling by the pool (that did NOT have an ocean view....boo), getting some sun (but not too much, I LOVE my new HUGE beach hat :) :) :), and enjoying the great weather we lucked out on (boo-boo-pa-too to you Hurricane Earl)(HA! you just wait, my new phrase is going to catch on soon to everything!). And now I'm extrememly thankful I got some relaxation time in before this crazy work week had begun.

I've been helping plan a Finance Conference at Lakeview Resort in Morgantown, West Virginia since June, and it's coming up next week!!! So last minute details have been taking over my life at work, hence the reason my week has been so hectic. I even SKIPPED my lunch yesterday, eek! As much as I've been enjoying being an "event planner" for this conference, I think it's earned me a few gray hairs. The conference is next week, Monday through Thursday, which I will also be attending to make sure it all runs smoothly. Let's just say, I hope the week goes by fast. I am not one to mingle. Or make new friends. No thanks. I actually enjoy silence, thank-you-very-much. So for me to have to mingle with about 70+ people I've never met (even a few from out of the country....did I mention how AWFUL I am with accents?!?!?), will certainly be a challenge.

Lastly, at least I will have a camping trip coming up the weekend after the conference that will surely get me through the week. I can't wait to see all my friends :) And surely Ross will miss me after I'm gone for 4 days?! ...*ahem*....maybe. Did I mention how much he enjoyed me being gone over Labor Day weekend?! just kidding. Although it WAS nice to have some time apart ....and even nicer to come home to a CLEAN apartment! *gasp*

No comments:

Post a Comment