Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Surprise Birthday

So it's taken me until THIS weekend to finally post our adventures from last weekend! It's been quite a 'roller-coaster' of a week. So sorry! Anyway, last weekend was absolutely fantastic. Some good times spent with some great friends!

It was my best friend's, Ang's, birthday this past week. Her boyfriend, Mike, always tries to surprise her with something on her birthday, however, she's too smart and spoils the surprise every year! So he came up with an idea to have Ross & I come down to their apartment in Bethesda, MD to surprise her (since we ended up canceling last minute for their Halloween Party, this would be our way of making it up to her). It was perfect! Mike was thrilled to have finally surprised her! And luckily, no one spilled the beans the week prior about our planned adventure. She didn't find out the good news, literally, until we showed up at her door :)

Ultimately, it was a great weekend. Ross & I got to their place Friday night, and went out on the town with some of their friends to celebrate a few different birthdays. We were up til 4 am just reminiscing and enjoying ourselves. Saturday, Ang & Mike were our 'tour guides' and took us to D.C. to walk around and see the monuments & check out the Air & Space Museum (which I haven't seen since I was a kid). It was a bea-u-ti-ful day outside, and we were so happy to enjoy one of the last sunny days before the cold weather sets in!Afterward, we ate at '5 Guys,' a delicious burger joint that Ross & I haven't gotten the chance to try yet, even though they finally opened one in Cranberry a few months ago! It was delish! Then we had a few errands to run and the guys had a little too much fun in the "Five Below!"

Next, was my upmost favorite part of the whole trip .....a 2-story TARGET! ...complete with an escalator for your cart!! That's right...I was so excited I got a picture!! ha!

I was even more amazed that this Target had it's own 4-story parking garage...say WHAT!! Crazy-ness is what that is. Ross & Mike were dumbfounded that Ang & I insisted on going to Target, just so I could check out the cart escalator, but not so. Not when there is an escalator solely for your cart! And yes, I was not ashamed to push around my empty cart around the store just to get the full experience!

Saturday night we hung out at the apartment with a group of Ang & Mike's friends. They were all so nice and fun to hang out with! We played a few games, and had a lot of good laughs. I think I ended up crashing before everyone left though due to my lack of sleep the previous night. I knew it would catch up sooner or later.


On Sunday, needless to say, was a 'catch-up on rest' day after our 4-hour drive home. The trip was well worth it. It's taken us forever to get out there to see their place, but I'm so glad we finally made the trip. Ang's face was priceless when we knocked on their door and yelled 'Surprise!!' (ok, so maybe I was the only one who yelled surprise, b/c Ross refused to participate), but still priceless :) Happy Birthday Ang!

2 comments:

  1. D.C. is fun, and since it's close, it's a good getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Thank you guys for surprising me for my birthday - it was AWESOME :D I will update my posts here soon... I think... I'll try! :)

    ReplyDelete