Monday, October 5, 2009

Farewell Camping Season


It is officially the end of mine & Ross' camping season.  But we went off with a *bang!* this weekend with a few of my close friends, and lucked out with beautiful autumn weather (at least for Saturday & Sunday....Friday was a bit rained out!).  I am already counting down the days until next season, as I have quickly realized how much I missed camping (since I went as a kid with my family) and how much I still love it.  A few highlights of this weekend were the amazing steak and potatoes we made for dinner on Saturday (we are quite the chefs when we have a fire to cook over, as this is our only version of owning a grill!); the late night snacks of pizza moutain pies, and ham & chs melts; Ang's delicious taco dip (ok, i admit it, we're food-aholics when we go camping); our annoying camping neighbors that felt it necessary to yell "BEER" and "PARTY" at all annoying hours of the night/early morning! And then mimicking Ang when she would yell it back. HA!; and lastly, our cozy and quaint 3-person (but really only big enough for 2-people-and-a-dog) tent that i've grown quite fond of this season after seeing that it can definitely hold its own!

 Once we got home, Ross & I washed & detailed every inch of my car after the abuse & neglect it has taken since we use my car for camping.  Now it is sparkling, and i can't even remember the last time it was so clean :) All of the camping stuff has been cleaned off and put away until next season.  So for now, Farewell camping, Hello! fall sports...specifically the Penguins!  There's is always something to look forward to in every *season :)

(*except Spring, haha)




No comments:

Post a Comment