Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Time to Bake

It's October, and Halloween is quickly approaching. Every year, by this time, I find myself dreaming of christmas cookies, but I also don't have the patience to wait 3 more months, so I jump ahead and make my favorite cookie of all...sugar cookies! What else is more delicious than a hardy helping of icing atop a theme-shaped cookie.....and with a face to make it all the better?! Yup....I go all out....pumpkin shaped cookies with a face (candy corn for the eyes, i admit, i stole the idea from Eat'n Park) and some icing for a spooky mouth (and I added some Ghost shaped cookies this year, but half of their arms broke off, and they were too hard to icing, so no more Ghosts!).


Sugar cookies have always been my favorite, so it's no wonder I put so much time and effort into making these cookies.  Although, come December, I will be too lazy to make them again so soon, so they will again forgo my xmas cookie tray!  I took a few pictures of my hard work, before I put them away in containers and the icing gets crushed and smeared (*tear*), b/c its the best way I know how to store them.  I also finished them just in time for Ross to have one before his drive back up to IUP for the week.  And don't worry, I put 2 in a baggy for him so he wouldn't miss out on any cookies in the 2 days he is gone.  HA! And lastly, Dakota was trying to get a lick every time I turned my back! If her nose was any longer, surely she could've reached one!  Anyways, I hope they make your mouth water....b/c if ANY of you lived closer, I would be able to share and spare a few.  BUT until then, enjoy the pics.  And don't worry, they taste just as good as they look :P



5 comments:

  1. They look DELICIOUS! I bought the confetti cake mix and they have a recipe on the side of the box for cookies and they're delicious too! Well turns out they make holiday confetti cake mix so I bought the Halloween kind and will be making those cookies at some point:) Yours look so cute though! I'm definitely jealous of whoever gets to eat them. I doubt Ross's cookies lasted him the 2 days, you'll be lucky if they even survived his car trip back to IUP haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous...they look so yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acutally Ang...he had one for breakfast this morning :) Now, if these were Doritos, then yes indeed, they would have been gone in the car trip up! haha But i couldn't give him too many to take....he needs a reason to come home :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously. you could start a cookie business! they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete