Saturday, December 12, 2009

A lil' Xmas cheer...

I might've decorated 3 weeks ago, but it's taken until now to add a little more charm to our christmas decorating. Even when I get a  head-start on things, I still find a way to procrastinate on just about anything! Anyways, without further ado, I finally made my table centerpiece a little more 'christmas-y.'



I inherited 3 hurricane glasses from Michelle's wedding, that are 3 different heights, and added some silver & a select few gold bulbs to cheer them up with some christmas-y goodness! The bulbs were from the dollar store so it only set me back a few dollars.  Also, I needed some red placemats, so I bought two, because I figured I could use them in the future as well, since red is a re-occuring theme in our house, and used them with the centerpiece.  These puppies were $3 each at walmart, so another $6 was well spent. Lastly, I bought some wired ribbon that I was planning on using elsewhere, but ended up using a strand in the one hurricane glass, entwined with the bulbs, and then a piece of ribbon sitting out side the hurricane glass holding one more bulb.  I love it and my table finally looks like it belongs with the season :) Total cost = $10

Lastly, I wanted to find a cheap and cute way to display all the Christmas cards we get every year without them piling up on our TV unit, like they usually do, and instead, showcase them in a fun way. Especially when people send pictures with their cards, I would love to have them up to look at all season, rather than stashing them away somewhere.  So this is what I came up with....

Yup, either you hate it or love it.  I personally love it (Ross hates it).  I just used some thick hemp cord, and tied it to a nail on each side.  I tied it on the end like a shoelace too so that there's a cute bow on the end with the leftover string hanging down :)  I think it feels very cottage-y.  I even hung a few random words like "snow" and "brr" and "happy holidays" in a cute font to add some cheer.  And once this puppy gets filled up with some more cards, it'll look even better.

If you hate it, welp, sorry, not your apt. :)  Or let's just say, the pictures don't do it justice.  Or maybe I'm just so excited to finally not have a big blank wall staring at me anymore!! (Sadly, it's taken me 3 years to finally get something up on that wall!)  And the best thing is, that once Christmas is over, I can just hang some random pictures on it, or take it down completely, since the nails holes are so small, you probably wouldn't see them anyways. Either way, I'm excited to finally get to see all our Christmas cards at once & in one place :)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't believe how many cards you have already! Don't worry, if you decide to keep it up and don't know what to hang... I'll send you a pile of Hazel pictures :)

    ReplyDelete