Monday, January 31, 2011

It Never Even Started Off Well....

Of all days I decide to where a 3/4 length sleeve sweater, today was not a good day to do that. It looked nice outside! AND I decided that in the first time in the past month, to NOT warm up my car before work. I could handle some cold for a bit, that would allow me to get a head start into work. Besides, it didn't snow last night, so it must be nice outside. Oh yeah, did I mention my car read 0 degrees this morning?! Yup. Of all days to not warm up my car and wear the wrong outfit, way to go. But ok, if that's the worse that happens today, I can deal with my Monday!

But no, don't worry, that's not where it ends....

Surely that would be a boring post, so let's make my day suck more.

As soon as I get into work today, I need to reschedule a meeting (for the 3rd time!) because no one can agree on a time, yet I am the admin assistant and it is my job to find a time where everyone is available. There are only 4 people attending this meeting. By this point, wouldn't it be easier for the 4 of them to just talk to EACHOTHER and figure out a time, rather than me emailing so-and-so, and then replying to so-and-so, back and forth, back and forth to find a time. Yes, I schedule meetings, it's part of my job, but this is getting ridiculous, where in this case, it would be easier for THEM to talk, and agree on a time, and then tell me what time they've agreed on so that I can send out an updated meeting invite.

So after my 7th attempt of rescheduling, I finally found a time, done. YOU GUYS GET NO MORE CHANCES! I think there should be a max # of attempted reschedules. Like after the 5th try, you lose. Over. Done. I quit. Do it yourself!

But no, that's not where it ends either....

I'm then told I need to adjust 2 hotel reservations I made for 2 visitors we have coming this month. The first time they asked me to make reservations for them, they didn't bother to tell me the dates they were visiting, so I had to read through countless email threads to decipher when they were coming. TODAY they tell me, 'NO NO NO, we are coming THESE DAYS!!! You've got it all wrong!' Ok, I was only a few days off, but anyway, I went ahead and changed their reservations while thinking 'MAYBE IF you would've told me the dates the FIRST time, I would've gotten it right. Idiots.' Thanks.

BUT now!

NOW!!!!!

NOOOOOWWWW!!!!!



I have to find a RUSSIAN TRANSLATOR for when they come b/c they don't speak English well. O dear god!!!!!!!!

#*$^#*)*@)#*$*@*&^!@*#^%@#*&jadf

I don't even know where to begin.

Is this day over yet?!?

4 comments:

  1. I just hope your weeks is better than today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both had really crappy Monday's... I am planning on pouring myself a BIG glass of wine & watching The Bachelor tonight to try & unwind. I'm not even going to post the bullshit b/c I'll get so worked up again over the lying/cheating student issue I had today.

    Here's the reader's digest version: Already met with mom about her lack of effort & failing grades in an HONORS Geometry HS credit course in the 8th grade. Had to send referral's to the office for both students. Had to call SEVEN phone numbers before I was able to leave a voicemail on what I can only hope was really the father's cell phone. Then I had to 'speak' (broken english) to the main culprit's father & follow up with e-mails when I was supposed to be in an hour long department meeting.

    Dad's response to today's situation? "We don't know what to do with her anymore". Great. Thanks. Glad to know I'm supposed to come up w/ the damn solution.

    G;ALIW;AEB;W.... Wish we lived closer so you could join in my wine/Bachelor night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of which took an extra hour of my time after I already put in more than 8 hours of work today. UGH! Stupidity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! Well let's only hope Tuesday is better :) A glass of wine & the bachelor sounded like the perfect solution...too bad we couldn't vent and watch it together!

    ReplyDelete