Thursday, January 27, 2011

Looking Up

Yesterday was a good day...for the most part, until about 3:00 when the days seems to never want to end! But it got good again when I got home and Ross & I worked on the house for a bit :) We feel very accomplished today. After many days of deliberating how to best cut out some ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen to make way for a new wall that would fill-in an existing doorway, we finally did it! Thanks to the internet...our new best friend. It had suggested the right tool with the right blade, and even though we were still very skeptical that it would work and wouldn't shatter the entire tile, we forged ahead! Lucky for us, Ross' dad already owned the said tool (an angle grinder) so we only had to spend $10 to buy the suggested blade (a diamond blade). We agreed it was the best $10 we've ever spent! It worked like a charm, and cut out just enough of the tile so that we can put up the new wall without having to go ontop of the tile. Don't worry, I took a ton of pics, in case you're having trouble following what I'm talking about!! We were so excited about trying something new, and daring, if I must say so myself, that I kept snapping away! I'll share those pics on the blog as soon as I upload them.

Anyway, it's Thursday and I'm in a good mood once again. Although it always starts out this way until I get bored at work, and then grumpy, and then just plain exhausted. So let's hope today goes fast, and that winter goes even faster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment