Thursday, April 7, 2011

Exhausted

I love when my friends offer to help paint! It's such a great deal of help, and makes the biggest impact :) BUT there is a downside to it as well, namely, preparing the walls to be painted. Normally this wouldn't be such a big job, but since we just got the drywall up last weekend, Ross & I have spent every night after work at the house, drywall mudding the seams and getting it ready. So after an 8-hour day of work, it's home to make dinner, then over to the house to work for another 3 hours, then back home to shower and sleep. Repeat.

We've been dong this for about 2 weeks straight now. So understandably, we're beat. And I can't wait until this week is over.

Too bad drywall mudding is not a one-day process, but more like a 4-day process since it takes about 4 layers of 'feathering' and sanding, and drying time in between.

AND in all of this, my back is not healing as quickly as it should be. Last week, I felt great, not taking pain meds, etc. The neurosurgeon even said I was a great exception in not needing surgery after the herniated disc (it was great to see that I proved him wrong!). But this week, working every night at the house, the healing has taken 2 steps back. I'm torn between getting the house done, and letting my back heal. I just want to do EVERYTHING I can to help.

Anyway...I can't wait til Saturday to see all of my girlfriends and their respective others! It's amazing to see how many people WANT to help...and encouraging :)

And even though we'll be painting on Saturday, this feels like a break from what I've BEEN doing.

Mudding is no longer fun.

Not after being buried in it for 2 weeks!

Then on Sunday, I finally get a break from the house and some much needed girl time :) My best friend, Ang, & I are going to check out a Bridal Show for her wedding. Should be a great day! I can't wait to catch up with her this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment