Monday, January 11, 2010

It Hurts to Move ....

... I'm not lying.  I dread when the phone at work rings today, not because I'm annoyed by it (which is most days, but beside the point!) but because when it DOES ring, it involves me having to lift my arm, which hurts.  Everything hurts.  But that always happens when Ross & I go snowboarding :)  Even though I didn't fall as much as I usually do.  I think I'm finally improving! It's just that every muscle in your body gets a workout, so come the day AFTER snowboarding, it hurts to get out of bed, but worth every second of it.

Anyways, Ross & I decided to try out Hidden Valley for the first time this past Saturday, since we usually hit up 7 Springs.  The main reason we decided to try out a new place was b/c of price.  We've been closely watching our money lately, so any dollar saved is greatly appreciated. Especially since it costs an arm & a leg just to go snowboarding! At 7 Springs we would spend $97 (for 2 adult night passes, and 1 snowboard rental for me, since Ross owns a snowboard), at Hidden Valley, we only spent $81...a saving of $16!! Yes Please!  Hidden Valley turned out to be MUCH smaller, but I enjoyed that aspect of it, and is much better for beginner's, from a better "bunny hill" to it being less crowded, and therefore, less likely to crash into other people....although I did manage to crash into one person, but I blame him! Because I really have very little ability on where I go...I'm still learning that! haha 

All in all, we had a lot of fun! We actually bailed around 7:30 p.m. (3 1/2 short hrs. after we started, although it seemed much longer!) b/c it was so cold out, and I was already exhausted. We did about 4-5 runs down the slopes, so I was excited to finally graduate from the "bunny hill" although I still have a lot to learn :)  I even got some new snowboarding apparel for Christmas, so I was pretty excited to try that out as well.  I love snowboarding and that it's given me & ross something for us to do together & look forward to when it gets cold out.  Hopefully this season we'll get to go with a few friends and/or family members who want to learn how to snowboard/ski.  It's great to have a winter activity to look forward to in the cold months, and I really recommend trying it at least once.

2 comments: