Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Favorite Books...

Just the other day, I suddenly had the yearning to watch one of my favorite movies that I had just seen for the first time, but I couldn't quite place what the movie was.  I sat there, thinking, what was one of the latest movies I had just watched?? ....b/c how could I have forgotten it if I all the sudden feel like watching it again!  I admit, I'm pretty much a ditz when it comes to any kind of short-term memory, WHO did I inherit this lovely trait from?!?!

Well then I realized, that what I was actually thinking of was a great book that I had read about a month ago. Maybe not my #1 all-time favorite book, but it took place in Italy, and that right there is enough to make me dream :)   It had played out so vividly in my mind while I was reading it, I was actually confused into thinking it was something I had watched on film! The book was by Richard Paul Evans, "The Last Promise." 

It's so funny to think that only a few years ago, I would've never even thought to pick up a book! In high school, I would laugh in my mom's face when she would suggest reading to pass time.  Yup, I was THAT mature :) 

Reading has become a hobby of mine when I started working full-time.  It was the best way to fill my lunch hour.  And I can't believe how many books I've read since then, and how many I've truly enjoyed that I can still remember all the characters names, the plot, the theme, etc.  I can't even think of where to start when asked to name my favorite book, because I have so many! And often times, when the book IS turned into a movie, the movie doesn't NEARLY live up to the book's potential, and this frustrates me.  BUT if you are curious, here are a few of my favorite books (in no particular order) that I can name off the top of my head, and that I can still remember the details and story behind every cover ....

  • Nicholas Sparks - Dear John
  • Nicholas Sparks - The Last Song (both are being made into movies, let's hope they don't dissapoint!)
  • Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper (the book is much better than the film, although I do love Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin)
  • Jodi Picoult - Handle w/ Care
  • Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveler's Wife (again, a must read! but the movie was only so-so)
  • Janet Evanovich - the whole "Stephanie Plum" series
  • Richard Paul Evans - The Last Promise
  • Richard Paul Evans - The Sunflower
  • Harlan Coben - Tell No One
  • Elin Hilderbrand - Barefoot
  • John Grogan - Marley & Me (for this one, the movie completely failed, I didn't even finish watching it!)
  • Barbara Delinsky - Coast Road
  • Cecelia Ahern - P.S. I Love You
  • Jane Green - The Beach House
  • Chris Jordan - Taken
Welp, I could go on, but i'll stop there.... that should keep you busy for awhile ....Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. When I get the chance (hopefully this weekend) I am going to copy this list and work my way through any of the books you've read that I haven't :) I've been wanting good books to read but didn't know where to start. (I'm sure I've told you this a handful of times though lol) I'll let you know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I Love You the movie was great...I started crying in the first 5 minutes! Time Traveler's Wife, I'd agree, movie sucked, book was awesome! I seem to be buying a lot of books turned movies - so you can borrow if you need something to read. I have the Nanny Diaries, which was funny (movie wasn't too bad either).

    ReplyDelete