Friday, January 15, 2010

Things are looking up...

Things are already looking up compared to how I was feeling last night.  No, sorry, no luck in the job search department (for me OR Ross), but I have an exciting weekend to look forward to. Tonight I get to hang out w/ the siblings and play some games, and tomorrow I unexpectedly get to hang out with my best friend, Ang, & her boyfriend, Mike, who decided to come home on a whim (from Bethesda, MD, where they reside).

Also, on to other great news (maybe?!), I am, for the first time, an Obama supporter *eek!!* Let me explain.....since I lost my job (of 3 years) on monday, me & Ross officially will not have any health coverage come the end of February, so we were looking at the option of buying COBRA through my work, and fretting about how much this was going to cost! Just another one of my stresses for the week.  Anyways, to make a long story short..... we would've had to pay $1,144/month!!! PER MONTH!!! $1,144!! Are you kidding me?!?! Well, thanks to Obama and whatever health-care bill he just passed (sorry for not keeping up on the latest politics!), since I was laid off, we only have to pay $400/month! What a difference.  THANK YOU mr. president :)

And to make things better...I finally got my car back today, that was wrecked a few weeks ago, talked about in this post.  I was responsible to pay $500 (my deductible) to get it fixed (overall damage: $3,300!! I guess it was more of a fender-bender than I originally thought!), but when I went to pick it up from the auto body shop, he told me to only pay him $250, since we are longtime customers, with my grandpa always getting service done there, and my dad knowing him well too :) :) :)  THANK YOU! I told him we really appreciate it, but he probably doesn't know JUST HOW MUCH we appreciate it.

All in all...I guess things are looking up.  We're getting a few breaks I would've never imagined.  I never thought I would say this...but it sucks to be jobless, I really miss the people I worked with, and I actually miss the job (one of the few I've enjoyed), but things are looking up.  I have a meeting with the school I graduated from, on Monday, that provides lifetime job placement, so we'll see what they can conjure up on the job-front.  Now if only Ross' school provided the same service, we'd be all set!

3 comments:

  1. You should write a thank you to the garage since they helped you out! But this year will get better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things will get better! Sorry to hear about your job(s.) It's a hard time right now.
    But- I'm glad that you like Obama now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin...I hadn't heard any of this!!! I have to read your blog more often. Keep in touch. Love you.

    ReplyDelete