Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good Will Hunting

If I haven't mentioned before, one of my newest hobbies is shopping for home decor items at the local Goodwill thrift shop. You wouldn't believe the things you can find, and things that you can bring home and give a new life to. And you can't beat the prices. Especially when I'm always looking for ways to save on home decor. I just love rummaging through their items and seeing what I can come up with. Well, here are a few items I'm most proud of that I've found recently...

Here I scored a Deer statue, for only $2.99! I love the size of it...it's only about 7" tall, so it's perfect for a bookshelf, and it's a classic decor item that I can use all winter long:I REALLY wish I would've taken a "before" pic of this deer. It was an ugly "gold-ish" tarnished color, but I gave it new life after I primed it with a coat of Primer Spray Paint, then sprayed it with a Brushed Silver spray paint. The paints cost me a total of $5, so for only $8....I think I got a great deal. And I love that it mimics this bigger deer statue that I bought last year at Kohl's, 2 days after Christmas for only $7:
So what do you think?! Hit or miss?!

Secondly, I bought these two matching Pillar Candle Holders (the candles I already owned). Each pillar cost me $1.99. I love the look, and there really sturdy, almost like a cast iron. I even love that their a bronze look, but if I change my mind and hate the color down the road, I can always spray paint them another color, but for now, I'm happy with how they look:

And the most exciting news yet?!?!! I was just putting these puppies away today, to get ready for the "big move", and decided to take the stickers off of the bottom, but as I was looking at the stickers, I discovered 2 great finds!! First, these puppies are originally from Pottery Barn! SCORE! And guess how much they charged for them??

Any takers??

$14.00!!!!

EACH! As in - - I paid $3.98 for both, when they were originally $28! Yikes!

Here's the pic to prove it:You see! And the little green sticker is my scrumptous $1.99 I forked out for this puppy. And underneath the sticker the Pottery Barn logo is also engraved into the pillar, you can kind of see in the pic, but the stickers are covering it up. Anyways, I was so excited about my find, I just had to share. I loved my pillars before I knew there true worth, but now I love them a little more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment