Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Job Hunt

It's back to the job hunt for this gal. I quit my new job yesterday after having some support from my best friend ;) (and husband, of course). But in all reality, it only made sense to quit now before it was too late and they kept wasting more of their time on training me, b/c I knew I was going to quit sooner or later. As it turns out, I was making more money on unemployment AND I was paying less for health insurance through COBRA (from my old job). The insurance at my new job was so ridiculously expensive, it took the pay-cut I had already planned on taking, much further down then we could have even lived off of. So I needed to quit before I became eligible for their insurance, so that I didn't lose my COBRA. I really wish I would've done the math before I accepted the position, but I guess we all make mistakes, right?!

Anyways, I've decided how much I miss the real estate industry, so I'm hoping that I can find another Admin job in a real estate office. Otherwise, I'm not sure what my "Plan B" is. We'll see how "Plan A" goes first. :)

As for Ross, he is still landscaping, and I pray that he can find a job in his career so that he does not hinder our camping season this summer!!! haha....I guess that is a pity worry, but I'm really excited for camping this year, and if he is landscaping, he'll most likely be working every Saturday. And my soul just can't take a season without camping in the great outdoors :) O listen to me...trying to sound all "out-doorsy," but I love camping! I love our tiny 3-person tent! And I love that most of our friends and family have gotten into camping recently, as well, so we have people to go with!

All in all, I'm still optimistic that we will both find jobs, even though it's taking longer than usual. The economy surely isn't helping, but I'm sure God has a plan for us :)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Kristin. It's important to be happy. I know that a job will come through for you and for Ross. Good luck! We're looking for Christoph up here, too. . . It's just a bad time for anyone looking for a job!
    As for camping- it's fun to go alone (with a dog, of course) and with friends, too. Even if Ross can't go (which is a pity,) call up your girls and drink girly drinks under the trees. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Marianne! I never thought of having a girls only camping trip...I'll have to plan one of those as soon as it gets nice out!

    Good luck to Christoph as well! Hopefully things start looking up for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinkin' and prayin' for you each each day, Kristin. It's tough right now. Hopefully you'll be able to look back on this time and realize why you had to go through it. Love you. (P.S. Julie, Haze and I will be at your MOm's on Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too can't wait for camping season! Hope we all find awesome jobs SOON (well, I'd be happy not working, but we'll see if that's a reality!)

    ReplyDelete