Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hired (again!)

Celebration is in order! I got a call from Westinghouse this morning to offer me the position that I interviewed for on Tuesday. I couldn't believe it, I basically lived in a glorious-happy-daze all day. First off, I wasn't supposed to hear back from them for weeks (which Ross informed me, through his HR experience, that that is what their supposed to say), and secondly, I can't believe I got the job :) Not only is it a GREAT company, but I am also getting paid more than my job at GVA Oxford, and not paying for parking (a savings of $1200/yr....$5/day really adds up!) and the insurance is also a 1/3 of the price that I was paying with for Oxford.

So, I'm basically ecstatic, to sum things up. I couldn't have been given a better opportunity, and I know the Lord was def. planning something this whole time. He sure did have better plans for me than I had for myself! Hopefully this job works out, unlike the last, but it's an Administrative Aide position (no more receptionist duties for this gal) so I feel I'll have more important duties than filing, and if i really hate it, I can always transfer to another dept. since the whole company is unionized. But for now, I'll be working with their finance/accounting dept. At least I liked math back in high school?! But heck, I can't NOT give it a try with all the great incentives, and I will def. MAKE IT WORK!

Lastly, THANK YOU for all the congrats via Facebook and the prayers you've been sending our way :) We really appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Okay so maybe I'm over doing it (I don't think so!) CONGRATS!!!! I'm SO happy for you :) (Deja vu? I think so lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Kristen...you can't know how happy we are for you. Sometimes you just have to go through the bad times to see how the whole master plan is meant to be. Love you. Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! This is so wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete