Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Favorite Things

Well, we're finally situated in the new apartment and I wanted to share it with all of you! It was hard to take pictures of the rooms, so I decided to just highlight some of my favorite things in the new apt. :)

First off, my absolute favorite thing in this apt. is my new, and very own, washer & dryer:
Aren't they bea-u-ti-ful! Yes, I am truly in love. I've managed to do at least 3 loads of laundry a day since moving in and I'm yet to be bored with them. Ross laughs at me, but he doesn't understand the frustration of trying to do laundry only to find that you don't have any quarters left, or lugging all your laundry downstairs only to realize that the washers are already taken! Ok, maybe he does understand a little, but he still doesn't appreciate them as much as I do :) I think he's secretly laughing at how domesticated I've become...geesh, who woulda thought! I also wanted to point out the curtains hanging, which hides a shelving unit I have to the left of the washer & dryer, sneaky sneaky! I love not seeing all the clutter hidden behind the curtains! Of course, I could also close the curtains to hide the washer & dryer, but for these beauties, I like looking at them at all times :)

Secondly, I have to give a shout-out to our new fluffy 4'x6' rug in our bathroom:
The picture doesn't nearly do it justice, but it's the best rug in the world...courtesy of Target, and it's also the perfect size for our oddly big-sized bathroom. I love our bathroom 100x more than the last apt. after getting situated in it. I bought a pretty new shower curtain and some really cute new accessories:
This is an odd picture, but I wanted to show off my new soap pump....it's also from Target, but I love the vintage-y style and the subtle green glass (since our bathroom is full of greens and beiges). It makes me smile every time I wash my hands :)

Next, I've come to love our small, teeny-tiny kitchen:

Yup, that's pretty much it.... the only room I was able to capture in one photo. The kitchen cart is from Mike & Michelle who were no longer using it and let us borrow it for awhile. I'm in love with it, and it adds some much needed counter space! After freaking out about the kitchen being too small before moving in, and not knowing how I was gonna make it work, I found the perfect solution, and now love this space more than the bigger kitchen in the old apt.

Here a pic of our eating space:Nothing too exciting here, but I thought I'd share anyways. This space is in the same room as the kitchen and the washer & dryer. It's a big odd-shaped room, but it's working out perfectly.

Here's a few random living room pics:
The living room is also much smaller, but it feels so cozy, and all our furniture fit perfectly.

Sorry to not have any bedroom pics. It's the least exciting room, especially since Ross is STILL unpacking his closet and it's a huge mess! And it's barely decorated. Isn't it always that way?! Why do we always leave that room for last?!

Oh, and lastly, I didn't want to forget my other new addition to our apt.:
Fresh Herbs!! Holla' for saving a dolla' everytime a recipe calls for fresh herbs :) Please excuse the dying basil. I'll be lucky if I can keep them alive for long, but for now, they're alive and kickin'. For now. Because they've only been in my possession for a few days. But now that I have the little railing and deck out the front door, I felt the need to finally buy fresh herbs since I had the perfect place for them.

All in all, I'm very happy with the new space. The washer & dryer make this apt. 100x better than the old. I had to sacrifice a dishwasher, but I've found that I really don't mind not having one. This apt. became a great solution until we can finally save up to buy a house, but for now, I'm happy and content in the new digs. And I'm especially happy with how much better this place looks after decorating and adding some of our own touches. I should've taken some 'before' photos, b/c it was def. a challenge to make it look cozy and livable.

3 comments:

  1. You're place is very cozy...I truly love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Cute, homey, warm! And- it's still MUCH bigger than our house! :-) We wouldn't even have room to put a washer AND a dryer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute! I love the new apt.. can't wait to see it in person sometime. Glad you guys are all settled in:)

    ReplyDelete