Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh India, Oh India

Why is it that every time I have problem with anything "technical," my call gets transferred 1,000 miles away to India?! It's frustrating. Frustrating to buy a product in America, only to find that nobody with an American accent can help me, so I'm left asking "I'm sorry, what did you say?!?!" the whole conversation (since I'm absolutely horrible w/ understanding any accent!). The first time I encountered this problem was with XM radio, which after 4 months of a never-ending cycle of calling them to fix it, and them not being able to understand my problem, I finally canceled the whole service (that was a xmas gift from my dad one year). It was much less frustrating then calling them everyday, it just simply wasn't worth the hassle & frustration!

But that brings me to my most recent encounter, hence the reason for today's venting. I bought some new video editing software for my computer (since we upgraded to Windows 7, and I lost my old program, which worked just fine, thankya very much) and it had all these weird quirks, causing things to not work correctly and making me wanna rip my hair out. It was the final touch for my wedding video, and I was anxious to finally get it done. But NOOOOO, instead of a quick 20-minute project, to finalize it, I spent 4 hours fighting with them & the program. Finally, after all the effort & numerous calls to the call-center, the guy (from India, of course) gave me the activation code to take my $49.99 version of the software up to the premium $99.99 version of the software, for free :) I think after my 5th call to them, and the guy actually knowing my name before me giving it to him, was the final touch. Of course, I would be more thrilled if I was ever going to use this program again in my life, but right now, I never ever want to look at another video-editing-anything for the rest of my life...

Lesson Learned: Hire a videographer

Hairs Left: 2

Finished Wedding Video: Priceless

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love reading your blog :) I'm sad to hear about having 2 hairs left, but I think Ross will still love you :p I'm looking forward to the day when I get to see the wedding video!!!

    ReplyDelete