Monday, October 25, 2010

An Overdue Celebration

Last December, I told Ross I would take him out to dinner once he graduated from IUP with his Master's Degree to celebrate all of his hard work. Little did I know he would choose one of the most expensive restaurants in all of Pittsburgh... Monterey Bay on Mt. Washington! So I jokingly said, "We can't afford that! Why don't we go there once you get a job and we'll celebrate both!" So, 10 months later, he landed a job at NHS Human Services as an HR Generalist (even though it's only part time at the moment, it will turn into full time in a few months) so I finally took him up on my promise! I'm so happy for him and happy to have finally taken him out for a special celebration :) Even if it IS 10 months later!

This is before dinner, before the sun had completely set.

Ross striking a pose with the view of Pittsburgh.

Apparently I'm not nearly as "model-esque" as my hubby,
as this was the 5th photo taken before I got a decent shot! ha

We requested a table by the window so we had the breathtaking view of downtown Pittsburgh at night in all it's 'lit-up' glory :) It was beautiful. Dinner was great too! Ross took advantage of their specialty by ordering anything 'seafood' from the menu while I stuck with crab cakes for dinner (it was either that or a steak since I don't eat fish!). For dessert, we had a Neopolitan Cheesecake (or as I like to call it, "Napoleon" :) It was a great night out, and even though I really don't care to get all dressed up to go out....it was a nice change. But what can I say.... our 1-year Wedding Anniversary was celebrated with Pizza & a pitcher of Beer at one of our favorite pizza places, Sir Pizza :) Now THAT's my kind of celebration!! We are so "high-class"....



**HOUSE UPDATE**

In case anyone is curious, there always seems to be one more obstacle with the house, but it's all coming along. All utilities are turned on as of yesterday. The bank paid the water company the outstanding charges, so that's squared away. NOW we've found out that we need a plumber to come light the water heater and de-winterize the house (which we were all unaware that the house was winterized to begin with!!). Luckily for us I have a family of plumbers and have them coming out Thursday morning, before the home inspection at 3:00 :) Ross & I are anxious to hear how the inspection goes..... by this point I don't think that there's too much that can take us by surprise! Or I possibly just jinxed ourselves! Adios til next time....

2 comments:

  1. You guys look great all dressed up :) We don't get all decked out either when we go out to eat lol. We're high class people ourselves. But it looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) You can tell we don't get dressed up often...I had to borrow the shawl from Michelle, who had 3 to choose from! I don't even own 1! ha

    ReplyDelete