Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Scaredy-Cat (And no, not our mailbox)

I hate confrontation. Really hate it. I'll do anything to not have to hear yelling, even if I'm not the one getting yelled at. I used to lock myself in my room as child when I heard people fighting. Still do. Although Ross & I NEVER fight...ever....never... Really. ........anywho!....

Here's what happens when people are mean to me on the phone:

"Richland Water, how can I help you?"
"Yes, I'm calling to see if I can get the water turned on, at a house my husband & I are in the process of buying."
"What's the address?"
"6100 ******** Lane"
"Well that house has delinquent charges and we are NOT turning the water on until they are paid."
*I'm all bug-eyed and shocked*
CLICK!

SHE YELLED AT ME! It may not sound mean, but she said that last sentence in a very rude tone. So the best way I can cope is to just hang up! HA.

So now we've found out that there is a Water Lien against our future home, and we're trying to square that away, before the Home Inspection. I guess its just one step at a time.

Here's to still hoping we survive and can reconcile anything that goes wrong along the way :) I REALLY want this house, so I don't want anything to stand in my way.

1 comment:

  1. What a b!$ch! So rude. When I had to get the gas bill in our name, Mike had an unpaid bill from college and they made me pay it first. It was from a whole different part of PA, and yet, it was on record! And the best part, it was only like $20 - OMG - like the company doesn't have $20 and couldn't just deal with it:(

    ReplyDelete